Co-Conspirators

November 16, 2004

Music is Key....

Mike Patton has recently resurfaced in my listening rotation both at work and at home. If you're not familiar with his music and pride yourself on listening to non-mainstream music, you really need to check it! Mr Bungle, Tomahawk, fantomas are probably the best places to start and kind of progress from tweaked to strange to weird in their respective order.
Check out this line-up December 3rd @ the Webster: Shadows Fall, Damageplan, The Haunted....sick show. Any takers? Let me know who's interested....The Haunted...sick. Oh yeah! Another band worth checking out if thrash is more your style: Dimension Zero. My buddy Metal Steve turned me on to them. Definitely fast and thrashy. Karp checked it out and gave it two devil horns up! Almost too much metal for one hand!
Some stuff to check out according to The Pirate: Sleepytime Gorrilla Museum is apparently great and creepy. If I'm misquoting you please correct me. Haven't had a chance to check it yet. And the new Bjork album is supposedly pretty cool. No instruments (except people's voices) were used in the creation of the record....Sounds interesting.
Albums currently in heavy rotation in the shop:
Hot Water Music-The New What Now
Frank Sinatra-His Early Years
David Bowie-Greatest Hits
Alkaline Trio-From Here to Infirmary
AC/DC-Volts
Jimmy Smith-The Definitive Jimmy Smith
The Bouncing Souls-The Bouncing Souls
If you haven't heard of any of these cats, check em out. You might find something new that you dig! Have fun!
Ride Fast, Ride Hard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your buddy metal Steve should come out of hiding and come back and visit UCONN. I miss him. And yes Mike Patton is an amazing musician.
-Sonia

Anonymous said...

Need to ad two more to that list;
Tiger Army, Ghost Tigers Rise and the new Killswitch Engage. I was going to ad the new Haunted to the list but the jury is still out on that one. Don't forget, you can never go wrong with Bolt Thrower.

So, you sick of driving yet, or talking to people or reps?

Hugs and kisses,

The Fuse

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget on our first date when you asked me what I liked for music. Ofcourse first on my list is the ever mind-blowing Mike Patton. You blew my mind when you mentioned his more obscure side projects. At that moment I knew you were a man I could love.
Love Kami