Co-Conspirators

November 29, 2004

Mounting Madness....

So I decided to stay late and mount up some new rental skis. Joe and Pat heartily agreed to that which would become Ski Slaying Armageddon [sp?]!!!! We shut the shop down, cleaned everything up and then ran across the street to the burger joint to get our grub on before we partook in our collective insanity.
Our waiter sucked! Big time. After talking about 300 words per second and mumbling half the time, he took our drink orders and ran off. We waited....and waited....and waited. He finally returned, took our dinner order and then out of nowwhere, I see a hand snap past my face and toss straws on the table. Nothing like, 'Oh here, I forgot to give you your straws'. No gentle placement of the drinking apparati on our dining table. More like a casual flick of a used tissue into the trash. Past my face. Joe retorted with a dirty sneer and an angry toss of said straws to the floor. 1 for Us, 0 for shit waiter.
Dinner was served and I had to ASK for a refill on their supposed 'bottomless drinks'. If they're bottomless, they should be refilled when empty. Or almost empty (like every other restaurant that I've been to). I understand that when it's busy, these things sometimes take a bit longer. But it was a Monday night @ 9:30 PM! I think he was more interested in watching the game instead of waiting on his tables.
I like it when the waitstaff comes around and checks on how your meal is going. I actually look forward to this as it speaks volumes to me that the eating establishment in question actually cares that its food and eating experience is pleasing to its patrons. The guy never came back. We had to track him down to get the check. I actually had to get up, walk across the joint, and ask him for the check. I should have snagged the manager and had a little talk but the task that was about to be at hand was occuping my mind more than the shit service we experienced. Tip you ask? Of course not.

So we got back to the shop and unleased a mounting fury the likes of which has not been seen in many moons. We blasted through about 64 pairs of skis in about two and a half hours or so. Mounting only, not tested yet. And there are still more. Trying to put the experience into words would not do justice. I'm surprised that our screwdrivers and hands didn't catch fire. I bet that the drill is STILL cooling down. And there're still more left. That's the sickest part. And everything still needs to be tested and recorded. Fun fun fun!

Once our mounting fun had ended, I saddled up and rode home. If I could ride home @ 1AM every time I biked to work, I would gladly do it. There are so few people out on the roads. Way less morons to have to deal with. I think that half of the cars that passed me were police cruisers. It was definitely a crisp, cool night with a little wind blowing. Just the kind of weather to keep you from getting too overheated. Good commuting weather. On the cycling tip, I'm pretty pissed that the fenders I bought off my friend don't fit my rig. Not enough tire clearance. I might need to break out some tools and do some modification work. We'll see what I can whip up. That's about it. Gonna sleep in tomorrow and clean like a fiend. Late!
Ride Fast Ride Hard!

No comments: