Co-Conspirators

November 11, 2004

MADNESS!!!!

Hoi, Hoi!
I can't believe how many skis are back there! It seems as though for every pair I finish, they get replaced by three more! I could start making my own fort out of the binding boxes alone. When Joe hits the shop tomorrow morning I think he's going to have a mild heart attack. Did my first day of cold weather commuting. Slow by some commuter's standards but fending off a cold, working at the ski show.....yeah, who am I kidding, I slacked off. But it's good to be back! Nice brisk weather to keep you going. Cool during the start of the ride and then sweating bullets by the time I walk in the door. Broke out the fixed-gear again. I replaced the old side-pull brake with a newer long-reach type that I've had sitting in my parts bin for a couple of years at least. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Cause it's new, the spring is much stronger (by design as well). Smoother and more powerful braking for when my legs are too tired to back-pedal down hills. By the way, if you have never ridden a fixed or track bike before I seriously recommend that you do. It's super fun and addicting. And if you've never commuted to work, then get to it! And if you're not listening to Scissorfight then crank em up already! Stoner rock at it's best! And they're from New Hampshire (as far as I can tell). If you mix The Four Tops with Megadeth then you get something that sounds nothing like this band. But if you mix Clutch with Fu Manchu then you get some sort of idea of their sound. With songs like 'New Hampshire's Alright if You Like Fighting', 'Granite State Destroyer', and 'Planet of Ass' they'll be the next big hit at your bridge game or tupperware party. Well, I gotta go eat something, shower and shave the legs before I get thrown out of the 'Go Fast Club'. S'ok. I like the Fixed Gear Hooligans and 20inch Terrors better!
Ride Fast, Ride Hard!

No comments: