Co-Conspirators

November 08, 2004

More of the same

Ridiculous amounts of skis to mount and tune. Between Joe and I we punched out a large bunch but have soooo much more to do. Needless to say, work was busy but time flew past as it tends to do when I work in the back. The worst thing is that they want me to drive out to Boston to work the Bayside show on a Thursday, drive back to CT and then drive back out on Saturday to work the show AGAIN! WTF??!! Why have me travel 2 round-trips to Boston on days that aren't back to back? Cause I only get paid for 40hrs no matter how many I work. So corporate can use my labor however they please without having to pay anything extra (overtime and such). If I don't have to drive it won't be so bad. The thing I hate about these shows are not the customers that come in...it's actually dealing with the reps. There are a few reps that I don't mind talking to. They are down to earth and can carry conversations. Some of the other guys have inflated heads mostly because some shop rat is stroking their egos broing down on 'how rad their product is'. I want to slap the bitches and tell them to back off. Reping is a job just like any other. Just cause you work for snowboard company doesn't make you cool. It also doesn't give you the right to railroad me when I'm selling some kid your competition's product. I had a guy last year tell me that there weren't any boards in his size when I was looking directly at one that was perfect for him. Thanks rep! The best part is that they're supposed to be there to help us out and give us support. Not shit-talk another brand. At least they didn't put me in skis like they did for Hartford.
Enough bitching. It's cold! Rock'n a fleece hoodie to keep warm and drinking some hot tea. It's amazing how quick the temp dropped last night to today. Hopefully there'll be some snow soon. A couple of customers told me that it was flurrying in the eastern part of the state. Can't wait to snowboard this year. This is the year for progression. Joe's stated that he's hitting the ER at least once. Hopefully I won't have to drive him. Anyone who wants to join our gang should let us know. Our initiation is reasonable with only minor cuts and abrasions and minimal bruising to be expected.
I'm checking out all of the info for this site (there's a lot of great stuff) and hopefully I'll be able to post a few photos of random stuff in the next couple of updates. Tomorrow will consist of a relaxing day to recoup from clocking almost 60 hours last week. Things I have in order, laundry, eat, maybe draw a bit, and relax.
Peace!

Or I may post a photo now! I took this in Hartford after a surprise party for my dear friend Chris. There were a couple of us hanging out after the festivities: My lady, Chris and his lady, Elijah B Rutherford and The Pirate. Word!

No comments: