Co-Conspirators

August 01, 2005

The SURLYist of All Blogs...

I pulled this from the Surly Bikes Blog. Enjoy!

Monday, August 01, 2005

To The Lady In The Minivan Who Almost Ran Me Over Last Friday:

I guess I must have been in your way. I mean, after all, bikes aren't really supposed to be on the roads anyway. You were in your car and in a big hurry to get to that stop sign 30 feet in front of you. It was rude of me to assume you would let me in even though I had plenty of space and clearly signalled. I should have gotten the message when you laid on the horn and kept creeping closer and closer...literally inches from my wheel. What was I thinking? I should have known when you leaned out your window, still honking, and yelled at me, telling me that you "ride a bike too, so (you) know." It was rude of me to argue with you for almost intentially running into me with your minivan. Those roads belong to you and you alone. I'm sorry to have made you so upset about costing you time that you sat at the stop sign and yelled at me for several minutes, while the other drivers behind you rolled their eyes and even started trying to go around you, creating an even more dangerous mess. It was very rude of me to assume that I am traffic too, and I hope next time you nail that stupid biker costing you precious seconds of your life, moments that you will never get back, moments that you could have spent yelling at other people or talking on your cell phone. The life or health of someone like me is less important than getting to soccer practice, and I see now the error of my ways.

-posted by Kenny Bloggins @ 1:08 PM

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, don't it?

No comments: