Co-Conspirators

August 22, 2005

Same Artists, New Direction.

I got together with some of my old bandmates last night to start working on our new project. This has been a long time coming. It's come to fruition largely at the hands of The Monsiegnor. He's taken it upon himself to grab hold of the reigns logisticality. (Yes. I made it up). He's worked hard to get everyone together and to give the musical boulder the hard push that it needed to start it's roll down the hill. We all got together last night, picked up our instruments and started playing like there had never been a break. Granted, we're all getting aquainted again with ourselves and each other, but at the end of the night, we have the workings for a very sinister groove. Dave and I were talking after the practice concerning our tonal qualities. We both came to the agreement that tonight was the first time that both of our tones were very close to meshing together seamlessly. This did occur at several points, bought to our attention by the thought, 'Is that Dave making those noises, or is it me?' This is the first time that I've played with these guys with the newer amp. I have to say, it really helps me round out my sound and gives me a lot more creativity with my tone. Very much looking forward to the next practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wicked happy for you. Can't wait to check out your practice next week. Now keep it up and get some recordings together and get the hell out there goddammit! Share your beautiful fusion with the others that need it. Follow your dreams, like you always tell me.
Kamberlyn