Co-Conspirators

August 03, 2005

amputation.

In talking with my Mom I found out that my Grandfather has lost his battle with the infection that's been plaguing his foot due to his Diabetes. He's in the hospital now and is going into surgery later today to have either part of, or his entire foot amputated. Christ, what the fuck is that like? I'd be an emotional wreck. Living your entire life and then looking down and suddenly realizing that after about a few hours worth of a surgeon's work you've got no foot left. That thing that helps you stand, walk, balance, jump, run, pedal, and kick is suddenly not there. The thing that's been there for 80 some-odd years of your life is suddenly gone. You know exactly what your foot feels like there. But suddenly, you know how it -should- feel to have something there. How the fuck do you deal with something like that? I hope that I (or you) never have to try and sort that kind of thing out. Please stay healthy. Love yourself.

No comments: