Co-Conspirators

February 06, 2005

Welcome to the Ice Coast!

Went riding after work tonight. We knew it would be fast. With all of the warm weather, people skiing and riding, and then the freezing temps @ night, it makes for damn fast conditions. Pat and I took a few warm up runs before the rail carnage ensued. I'm amazed that he can ride so fast on such a buttery board. On the first run I look up to see him straight-lining the whole damn trail, just fucking mach-ing it. Sick! We take a couple of runs on the 'park' trail. Checking out the iced up landings. Then we headed over to the box section to mix it up a bit. One of the rails claimed Pat's knee. I flopped all over the damn things not feeling comfortable at all with the iced up landings and run-ups. On the last run while riding switch, I caught an edge and got a good hard body-jar to the ribs while trying to keep my arms pasted to my sides (to avoid wrist damage). That was about all she wrote. Packed it in and headed home.

I'm thinking about getting a zine together. Seriously this time. If anyone is interested in contributing to it with original stories or written work, original photos or artwork please let me know. I don't have any kind of time frame at the moment. I've been messing with a couple of things in photoshop playing with my photos and layouts. Just an idea that's been thrown around the backshop for so long that it needs to be physically realized. Cool. Gonna do some laundry and read Fast Food Nation.
Ride Fast Ride Hard!

No comments: