Co-Conspirators

February 05, 2005

Snowbooze Industry....

I'm back from the 'On-Snow Demo' which is, exactly as the name pertains, a demo that is held on the snow. Being a member of the 'Snowsport Industry' I and many others get the unique opportunity to try next year's equipment now. This is great for the buyers who haven't quite made up their mind yet as to what pieces of equipment they want to purchase for their shop for the coming season because they get real world experience in trying the stuff out 'on the snow'. It's also a great opportunity for a shop schlep like myself and many others to try the stuff so we know how it rides and can more accurately describe it's handling characteristics to a potential customer. Sadly, most shopfolk see this as an opportunity to get fucking smashed and act like retards for three days. It's mostly a posturing contest. See who can look cooler that the next guy and hit on any girl within a 100 feet. I had a kind of epiphany while I was there (some big words for this blog...I apologize....easy, stay with me. Promise it won't happen again anytime soon!). It occured to me that most of these shop owners and buyers don't want to grow up. Not that wanting to stay young is a bad or negative concept, but trying to act like you're 18 when you're 30, 40 plus years old is just fucking lame. You work in a shop. Or were asked to work for a rep. Big fucking deal. Argh. Now I'm rambling. Fuck it.

We had a pretty good time. Rode some great new stuff and talked to some super cool folks. I'll take any bluebird, mild, windless day of riding over most anything. Looking at getting a crew together for a little Letdown action this Sunday. Got my confidence up and gonna try some backsides on the box. If you wanna see me get worked, you should come out! Shouldn't be too many people cause of the game and all. Congrats, by the way, to our friend Haasenstuffins who now works for Mercedes Benz in Hartford! If anyone's roll'n on a busted Benzy, he's the man to see to make it all better. I promise that the art update is coming! Really! Patience. That's all she wrote!

No comments: