Co-Conspirators

March 07, 2008

Day 4/5

Kind of wrote about Day 4 yesterday...after riding over the Golden Gate and into the Headlands, went to the beach, braved the cold winds. Ate a life saving burrito, went back to the hostel, showered and napped for about 2 hours. Got up, was going to eat dinner at "the best Chinese place in SF" but didn't want to wait 30 mins for a table. Went to a little Thai place on the corner instead. Pretty good food, big portions. Packed up what I didn't finish, rode on down to meet up with Craig at the bar he works at. Gave him my leftovers (def enough for a second meal!), hung out, had a couple beers. Meet his roommates, the bartenders, lots of cool folks. Great music in that bar as well.

Today, got up relatively early (starting to get more in tune with Cali time....jet lags gonna suck!!!) ate breakfast and met some cool folks from around the world. Ate with a few girls from Italy, South Africa and Seattle. Finished breakfast, talked bikes with a guy from Italy who races downhill while I packed my whip up. Showered, packed, checked out. Scheduled a shuttle back to SFO tonight, walked my bike case about 8 blocks down to FedEx to ship back home to avoid the exorbant charges associated with flying your bike.

Walking about a bit, stretching the legs. Taking things in a more relaxed manner instead of having to pay attention to traffic on the bike. Walked through Chinatown section, up into Little Italy. Had a sandwich, coffee and Italian pastry. Over-priced but not too bad. Walked back down here to the library. Trying to figure out what I want to do now. Might go walk around downtown and check things out. I feel kind of limited without having my bike to rip around on. That's about it. I've got lots of photos to upload when I get home so check back to see what I saw....Talk with you all soon.

No comments: