Co-Conspirators

March 27, 2007

Great Rides....

I had the greatest ride tonight. Went hard for the past 2 nights so I decided to take it easy and do a simple recovery ride. Rode for only 1 hour and kept the HR down and pedaled SUPER easy. It was the warmest it's been all year (around the low to mid 60's). By the time I got out, the sun had started it's downward trend towards setting and there was a soft breeze blowing. Cranked up the Ipod and listened to Heavens...I don't think there was a more perfect album I could have listened to this evening.

I love feeling the cool and warm air swirling around each other at twilight. It's an amazing feeling to be at the bottom of a hill (slightly chilled) and feel the air temp warm up and change as you ride up. That combined with the glazed over sunset made for an amazing ride. The only thing that could have made it better would have been not seeing a soul in sight. Can't always have what you want. Spring smells are beginning to come out...the days are getting longer.....

No comments: