Co-Conspirators

November 03, 2007

Cursed...

I'm seriously beginning to think that my cross bike is cursed. Every race, and I mean EVERY fuck'n race, something breaks or fails. Flat tires (curbed by running higher pressure), dropped chains (fixed by running single-speed rings and cogs)...today I broke the pulley wheel on the singulator IN HALF. Of course it happened during the race. The first lap. About 1/8th of the way through. Couldn't have happened last night, or the day before, or during my practice run. Nope. Had to happen during the race. Once I figured out what happened and fixed it the best I could, all 3 fields (the Cat 4s, and both Master's classes passed me). I spent the rest of the race trying so hard just to catch up. When all was said and done, I got pulled with 1 lap left to go. DFL because of a stupid plastic part.

Other than the frustrations of my bicycle, I had a good time. The Ghostship Terror Squad was in full effect. Got to see some old friends and catch up. Did the dollar prime thing with Ghostship and met some new folks. Got to ride an awesome course, spend the day with great friends, eat some food, drink a couple beers. Life is good. I'm so tired I'm gonna crash on my couch and nap for a bit. Hope you made the best of a rainy, cold, windy day.

1 comment:

CCNS/Pedal Power said...

you forgot "Got to wear some nice clothes"