Co-Conspirators

November 28, 2007

Hell of a Day...

So it started with a phone call from work. Apparently there was some sort of miscommunication and I had a client for a fit at the shop at 10am. It's my day off, so I get up, shower, eat, grab my bike and ride in. But it wasn't that smooth...about halfway to work, I got hit. I was traveling down a one-way street behind a car. They had their left signal on and started pulling to the left. I moved to pass them on the right when they cut the wheel to turn right into a parking lot (with the LEFT SIGNAL on). Instinct took over, and I steered with the car to avoid hitting them. Then my tires slipped out on the wet leaves. I slid towards the car, stopping myself with a well placed foot to the door. Front wheel went under the car, rear car wheel went over mine, toasted bike! Bent handlebars. I'm fine. Minor scrapes and stiff joints. I won't go into the gory details of what ensued, but in the end, I got paid to repair my bike and the authorities didn't have to get involved. Still got to work, did the fit and got home in one piece. I'm slowly getting stiffness here and there (as to be expected). Gonna build a new wheel and get some new bars up on the bike and we'll be good to go. PLEASE be careful out there this time of year. With a toasted wheel, bars and minor scrapes, I'm VERY lucky! Things could have been much worse and I thank my lucky stars! Hope you're all getting out to ride even with the cold weather!

2 comments:

rideTYRANT.com said...

That's beat! Glad to hear you are OK!

Better ask Santa Dee Snider for a new wheel and bars ;)

dougyfresh said...

oh no!

glad to hear everything was minor and you're alright!

Got back on the bike before our big snow storm. Felt great despite a 3week hiatus.

big changes for next season. its very dynamic right now and will be through February.