Co-Conspirators

August 24, 2007

The Sinking Ship cont...

So I finished The Sinking Ship tonight...stayed late at work to get the last few details right. Here she is in all her cold, steel glory....







Went together great! The only exception being that the canti tabs that I had welded on the seat stays were tacked on too high...so the brake pads are at their maximum lowest point in the caliper arms...meaning that they'll never be perfectly adjusted until they wear in. Other than that, it seems to run great! Here's the simplified bike check:
-Surly Cross fork
-Avid Shorty 6 cant brakes
-53 x 21 drivetrain
-Surly Singulator
-Mavic Open Pro's laced to Ultegra hubs
-Crank Bros Egg Beater pedals
-Custom Ghostship stem
-Custom Ghostship 'Indy' down tube decals
-19lbs and change (with pedals for all the weight geeks/snob/weenies who're keeping track....oh yeah! almost forgot, I weighed in at around 206lbs this morning but that was before I took a shit...and I was wearing socks. Tally that up you elitist bitches.)
Hopefully she'll stay in one piece for my first race this weekend up in Agawam, MA. Wish us luck and terror this weekend (as well as no mechanicals, lots of mud and no crashes!)!

2 comments:

It's me, AV! said...

....and the sinking ship she was! 4 mechanicals in a 45 minute race, that sucks! Glad you finished up!

dougyfresh said...

and it works!