Co-Conspirators

February 01, 2011

Dr Sketchy's - The Work

So here are some samples of the sketching I did at Dr Sketchy's the other night (as promised). Nothing too mind-blowing. Drawing from a model is always fun. Especially when there are friends joining in and a beer or two is available. Click for larger images...


-Blind contour drawing is a skill they force on you in art school. It involves you not removing your drawing implement until you're done, and not looking at the page til you're done. I think this is one of the better drawings I did that night. It even netted me some sort of prize (yet to be mailed to me).


-Shoulders rolled forward and viewing from the frontal plane is not an easy pose to capture (as evidenced by my weak sketch!)



-10min pose?

Put a little time in at the drawing table last week to put down some inks on a sketch I've been working on. Trying to figure out where to go with it from here...If and when I finish it, I'll be sure to post up the results.

No comments: