Co-Conspirators

September 08, 2005

Ghettodrome Results...

So the results from ghettodrome are in....I got my ass kicked! Hard! I'm blaming it on my gearing. I'm not geared nearly hard enough to keep up with everyone. I realized this about half way to the course as I fell to the back of the group. On this night in particular our race track was a local high school track. Pitch black. No lights. You could see about 2 feet in front of you. We all had to wear glowing red tail lights to avoid crashing into each other. The first race was elimination. The last rider across the line gets eliminated. You go as many laps as you have riders remaining. There were about seven of us racing. I was the second one to get eliminated. We ran a loser bracket with the first four to get eliminated racing. After assessing my last race, my strategy changed. I knew that I wouldn't be able to catch anyone out in front of me so I went out hard off the front. Got passed by one guy, caught up to him, passed him and then got caught in the last lap with about a 16th of a mile to go. Spinning my ass off, trying to choke the vomit back down. Shouldn't have eaten so close to a race. I guess second isn't so bad for my first time out. Then we raced a regular 3 lap deal. First one across won. I thought there were four of us and was so happy that I wasn't DFL. When I asked how many of us were racing I was pretty disappointed when the reply was 'three'. I'm definitely heading back there next week with a bigger gearing for more of an edge. 53x16....Next race report: Hartford Hardcore, this saturday @ 6pm.
Ride Fast! Ride Hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ain't no Lance Armstrong!