Co-Conspirators

September 10, 2008

X Season...

...is here! Raced up in Springfield a few weeks ago....Not too shabby. It was the last race on the Hexed bike. No mechanical issues, chain stayed on. Nothing to make excuses for my lack of talent and lungs! Haha! Placed 16th out of about 33ish(?) with only one gear. Turns out I was the only guy there with just one. Highlight of the race was out-sprinting some guy on a custom Ti Serotta mountain bike for 16th place at the line. Tony's got some photos here. He's gett'n pretty good with that there soul-stealer.


-that's a thumbs down in case you couldn't tell!

Went and raced @ training race night @ Winding Trails in Farmington tonight. Couldn't get any gears on the bike today so I rocked the single speed again. Switched the rear cog from a 22t to a 20t. It was the right decision. But try telling that to me on a couple of the short, steep hills...after a few laps....legs burning and dead. Placed 15th out of about 30ish(?). Got beat on the flats again (spinning out) and made a few technical errors here and there (was fighting the course in a few spots instead of flowing with it) that pushed me back in the standings. I think gears will be an asset where I need them most (the flats for sure!). Talked with Tyrant a bit about CrossVegas. Still not sure whether I'm going to run gears or a single set-up. Gears will help, but singling that shit is just so punk rock! I'm not about the overall out there...I'm hoping to get some dollar primes and maybe a beer hand-up. As many $'s as I can stuff in my shorts is the name of the game....Still have to name the new bike....haven't thought of anything yet. Need to dismantle her and ship her to Los Vagrants on Monday. Without my cross rig for a week! Ugh...there are definitely worse things...

Burning some screens for new Ghostship stuff. A little slow going. Had a few technical issues to sort out. But I've learned more now! Pretty stoked. The whole silk-screening thing is one big learning process for me. I love it. I wish I had a larger space to work. Although that may get sorted out next week. We'll see how things work out. Work, ride, eat, make art...repeat seems to be the mantra of the past couple of weeks. Hope to keep it up!

No comments: